Polo Shirt & Tie
Stripes is one of the main trends for this spring, a classical look that is big again. To adopt this look and make it look fresh again try wearing stripes on stripes. This can be done tastefully, as long as you remember a couple of rules:
– Stick with one color scheme to make things safer for you. For example, if you want to pair a striped blue and white suit with a striped shirt, the shirt should be the same blue and white as your suit is.
– If you want to do the striped suit & striped shirt combo, make sure the finer stripes are on your shirt. If you are going to wear a tie, wear it in a solid color.
– When you want to wear a stripped shirt with a stripped tie, keep the finer stripes for the shirt and keep the same color scheme. In this case your suit should be a solid color.
– Boss and Ralph Lauren have some nice stripped suits this season, which are really versatile and can take you from the office to a night out, or if worn with sneakers and a T, are perfect for those summer parties.
– Something to try: I really like the striped shirt & tie combination with jeans, sneakers and a vest.