NY Fashion Week is in full blast. Too many shows, too many new designers and a lot of fun has been the motto of the tents. Trends that are hot now will be hot next winter too and there are some trends in the making. Feminine, girlie, sweet and preppy seem to be the way that designers want us to dress and we are moving slightly away from the 30s and 40s inspired fashion, but not too much.
Trends worth keeping in mind:
– Hats: fur hats, fedoras and anything chapeau can dress up any outfit. Not crazy for the ‘sock hat’ as seen at Alexandre Wang, but who am I to say that?! J
– Rich, jewel tones and colors are here to stay: rich blues, mauves, purple, and greens all made their appearances on the catwalks of Abaete, Rock & Republic and Vervier among others.
– The cocktail dress reins. That is something you should look into investing NOW!
– Metallic hues on clothes and accessories are so hot
– Dresses do not resemble tents anymore – they actually show off your shape.
– A nice tailored suit will get you a long way. Some fantastic ones were seen at the Rock & Republic show
– Aim for the just above the knee length for this season. Sexy but flattering and you can wear it to work too
Trends for the more risqué fashionista:
– Zippers are in: on boots, shoes and tops
– Romantic petticoats peeping from under your skirts: this is such a sweet yet sexy detail. Seen at Abaete, and Sari Gueron
– Geometric patterns on tops and dresses. Everybody had a version of this trend
– Tulip shaped skirts and dresses. But, if your hips are wide, forget this trend as it is not for you.
– One shoulder evening gowns and tops
– Sheer blouses and a bit see-through. They will instantly update any old skirt or pantaloon
Looks to adopt right this instant:
– From the Rock and Republic show: pleated skirt + fitted leather jacket + red flats
– From Alexander Wang: Brown cigarette line pants + white T + black best + boots + fedora. Beautiful
– Buy a nice cocktail dress in a jewel color and wear it for 2 whole years
– Wear black opaque tights with everything. This trend is still going strong
– A nice tailored pant suit. In black and fitted please.