Hello readers! Many of you have been asking me what are the Trends for spring 2008, because you want to have a list handy when you hit the stores. Keep notes please.
The new shift dress from Liz Clairborne
- Neutrals, black and white, hues of jewel colors - High Waists are back, the real waist is defined by belts - Thin belts wrapped around the waist a couple of times is very 2008.
– 30s, 50s and 60s inspiration
– Bohemian chic is always a spring/summer favorite
– Safari pants paired with stripy tops & a tailored jacket
– Fedoras will keep you looking cool and keep the sun off your face
– Kaftans & gold sandals are one of the hottest looks when the temperature rises
– Bold colors in ladylike classics will spice up your office look, I.e. a red trench coat, or yellow pumps
– Floral dresses. They are back and totally hot
The white shirt & vest combo by Paul Smith
– Crisp white shirts with tailored vest & pants in a sand shade
– Woven accessories, i.e. a bag or shoes
– Sleek tops & jackets paired with tennis shorts for the weekend chilled look
– Charcoal or black jacket + white shirt + colored denim + sneakers = urban dandy
– The pinstriped suit. Always a classic
– Don’t bother with ties. The designer Yamamoto never wears one, even when he meets kings, queens and emperors
Last but the most important point on both lists: Be true to yourself: if you are not sure about a look, don’t bother.