Ladies: What a Fashion Week this was! We are looking forward to a very elegant, feminine and colourful spring/summer of 2010. Inspiration from the 1960s with minis, cigarette pants, A-line tops… the works.
Trends: The mini is going to be your new BBF together with A-line shirts, graphic designs, sheer blouses polka dots, and cigarette pants
Still going strong: boy meets girl, playsuits, layering, sheer blouses, black and white combos, nautical stripes, full skirts with boxy jackets, lace, florals, metallics.
Forget: the 80s look and anything that screams unkempt boho. It is all about tailoring and structure.
Take note as these were the best collections. This is why:
- Luella: those amazing ladylike deux pieces in amazing colours are to die for
- Jaeger and Fashion East: great graphic design patterns
- Matthew Williamson: 60’s inspired metallic collection is so versatile and wearable I want everything
- Paul Smith: this amazing androgenous out-of-Africa collection in the most beautiful colours is just wow!
- Clements Ribeiro: I am still dreaming of those fantastic full skirts.
- Erdem: Oh! I am drooling over those yummy floral dresses and delightful lacy evening numbers.
And why some were the worst:
- Twently8Twelve: where is the inspiration coming from? Is the target group the 13 year olds?
- Christopher Kane: what’s up with the washcloth pattern on everything?
- Jeremy Scott: I am still trying to figure out why the Flintstone Look should be adopted by anyone really. Even from those with a humorous streak when dressing up. It is just ugly.
Now you know what you’ll be sporting all around in the spring to come. What you need to do from your end is to go to the gym and work on those pins and arms. In the meantime look out for classic pieces, check out your mum’s/grandma’s closet or your fav vintage shop for anything from that decade. Invest in anything tailored and you’ll be the Cat’s Meow.