It is still February, but we all have spring and summer on the brain. This season work your wardrobe adding a few staples to update it so it looks more current. When shopping be inspired from the 1960s; minis, cigarette pants with A-lined tops and wedges are going to be your new BFFs. If you have a fuller figure avoid the minis and go for the fuller skirt with a nice boxy jacket and belted waist. White and black and white combos are a must. Graphic designs, sheer blouses nautical stripes, metallics and florals are still on trend. The main idea when dressing this spring is tailoring and structure.
Key details to update your look:
– Clogs. Yes that’s right. The Kaiser (aka Karl Lagerfeld) showed them at the Chanel show (featured left), Alexa Chung – the new it fashion icon- is sporting them with everything. Be assured that sooner or later you’ll be craving after them.
– Bold coloured wedges. You can match the tights to your shoes, but it has to be the exact same shade to match, or else don’t bother. Go for yellow, bright green, red, or cobalt blue.
– Everything needs to be above knee length or maxi
– Graphic prints are everywhere. Choose a one shoulder print dress and you’ll be on trend for the next 2-3 seasons
– There is a pant for everyone: flairs, cropped, boyfriend jeans, carrot shape, skinny, cigarette, dressy sweatpants. Try them all on, be honest to yourself and ONLY buy the type of pant that works with your shape. If you choose flairs, or structured harems, always wear them with heels. This trend will last for the next couple of seasons.