With summer being officially over and school having started, we can only put ourselves at work to make this fall/winter season as exciting and interesting as possible. From where does a smart girl start? From organising her closet obviously. Edit out the stuff you won’t need this year and make sure you update your wardrobe with:
– A couple of dresses with drapes and ruffles. I would go for grey, beige, tan or black this season to keep things easy and on trend.
– Slim black pants that can be worn with jackets or an oversized cardie.
– Invest in a military jacket or the new slim cargo pants. You’ll find that you’ll be living in them throughout the winter.
– A new coat is always a breath of fresh air in one’s closet. If you already own a classic coat or a trench, maybe it is time that you try on a pattern that a bit more fun, like a plait.
– Don’t forget your brogues. This is the shoe of the season. Practical, confortable and stylish, you can walk without tripping and your feet will love you. For the ones that cannot live without heels, the heeled oxford is a great alternative.
Check out the previously written piece on the 2010 fall/winter fashion shows, but also take a look at the Costume National and the Daryl K from the Resort 2011 collections for further visual guidance and inspiration which will take you through the year. I want everything!