In my urban life, the more wintry and dressed up one, I need loads of things: things to wear at home; things to wear and run errands; things to wear to work which as it is in fashion, they need to be fashionable, stylish, yet comfortable to run around to meet clients and retailers. And last but not least, accessories, coats and hats as they pull everything together. That seems much more complicated than the summer dressing, and it is. But it is so much more exciting; especially with the change of season, which brings a fresh start into anything.
In this state, I am sitting here, compiling a mental list of what I will need to face my wintry life which is about to begin soon. In one day to be exact. Getting on a plane to go to a somewhat cloudy and chilly place is not my cup of tea really, but shopping for autumn and winter takes the edge off and promises an easier transition phase from summer to autumn. Ah! And about that list…it looks like this:
– Autumn coat: I will definitely need something in colour. Maybe in a shade of red to match my slight tan now, and afterwards to brighten up my mood when we drift into the lower temperatures.
– Long sleeved dresses. As I cannot start to dress too complicatedly at the moment, a couple of nice long sleeved dresses will help this transition. Dresses that will look good with no tights on, or with socks and heels, and with boots.
– Scarves: I always get some new scarves to dress up my tees, feel a bit warmer with a summer frock and a cardigan and in general get in the mood for winter.
– College platform shoes: they go with everything from one’s summer wardrobe, mid-length and at the knee skirts that are everywhere now. These shoes are also exceptionally stylish with wide legged trousers and jeans that are still going strong this season.
– Bag: a new bag always brings a breath of fresh air in one’s wardrobe and will lift my spirits any day. I want one in brilliant blue to match with cinnamon and white cardigans which I will enjoy wearing on a lazy Sunday afternoon stroll in the park.
Happy autumn! I can’t wait .